How much care do ferrets need?

1. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

How much care do ferrets need?

2. incredulous1 profile image56
    incredulous1posted 7 years ago

I have five pet ferrets and lost 6 in the four years I have kept them.Ive had to learn the hard way about these wonderful,wild crazy little critters.
    They need companionship as they are social creatures and need other ferrets to play with.They need alot of space and exercise and keeping them caged makes them unhappy,restless and more likely to bite.I have had my garden ferret proofed so they can't escape although Milly still found a way out recently.I have also had a ferret flap put in the front door so they can come in and out as they wish!I don't believe ferrets are happy living indoors as they love contact with the earth,soil and digging.They are brilliant escape artists and its been a huge challenge for me to give them freedom to be outdoors but keep them safe at the same time!They want to roam and explore and hunt but unfortunately can very easily find danger once they get their wish.Very determined and wilful little creatures and a real joy to have around!There's loads more on the subject,Im realising but don't want to be a complete anorak and put it all in one reply!!

3. FerretsCare profile image59
    FerretsCareposted 7 years ago

Ferrets need not a huge amount of care as people would think, but they do require constant attention and you have to be careful with where they are and what they are up to at all times, they should never be left to their own devices outside of their cage as they can get into all sorts of trouble.

The care they require is minimal compared to the love and happiness you receive from them in return!