my female cat is one years old and she has just in the last 4 months started to

1. profile image43
    jules lawhunposted 7 years ago

my female cat is one years  old and she has just in the last 4 months started to cough.i have...

taken her to the vet and she has gotten a steroid shot.is there any healthier way to help the cough that we think is due to allergies

2. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

My cat is sixteen and somehow she got into something a few years back and we thought she would for sure die and although I took her to vet and got her some better, just in the last year I started using contact lens drops, (Wal-Mart) equate brand (lubricating & rewetting drops my daughter told me to use for her black sore eyes. I did this once a day and not only did her eyes get well she stopped the wheezing she had done for years. I went off it when she got better but then had to again a few times but now it has been months. Somehow that medicine got in the sinuses (lungs too?)I don't know but I tell you this is worth trying. Make sure you get the kind that can go in the eyes, some lens drops don't. I wrote exactly what is on the bottle. Good luck, I am sure it will help some. My cat is in my hubs here about cats, look how good she looks for 16 and she looks even better now!

3. Ari Lamstein profile image82
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that your cat is sick!  I hope that she feels better soon!

working