jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you like Children's stories about animals?

1. Russell-D profile image82
    Russell-Dposted 7 years ago

Do you like Children's stories about animals?

Sometimes I think authors who write non-fiction see animals in a light realists do not. Animals are really fun to conjure with and create storylines no animal could match. Movie writer's have now grabbed the genre and Beasts Reign.
    What's your broad stroke thought of animal stories non-fiction vs. fiction?

2. Girllookingout profile image56
    Girllookingoutposted 7 years ago

I think that any animal story for children will usually always be a hit, fiction or non-fiction. James Herriot  work non-fiction about his life as a county vet, and all of his stories are wonderful. Then we have the classics lassie, Big Red, Black Beauty, those stories inspire children about owning a pet or seeing how an animal lives. Not every child who reads a story about animals had a pet before and stories or movies give an opportunity for those children.

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

This really isn't a question leading toward a hub... I'm only answering to get it off my list, because I couldn't get it to remove.

In the short of it, animals stories can teach valuable lessons to children. Children like animals and when they are the base characters they tend to get more involved in the story.

4. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 7 years ago

Animals can be used in children's stories because sometimes they can come to like a fluffy animal more than a human...or maybe it's because they are animated and do funny things.

5. lex123 profile image64
    lex123posted 6 years ago

Kids always love animal stories, even if they have not even seen them. My little grandson  likes animal stories like cat, dog, tiger, lion, elephant and other animal stories than other type of stories. When he wants his mother to read out  a story for him  he comes to her with an animal book. He can even recognize them by sounds. That is why Panchatantra stories are so famous.