Should I go to another vet

1. profile image49
    jaynegsposted 6 years ago

Should I go to another vet

can you tell me I took my cat to vets today as I thought she had gone blind she is 16 now.  the vet said yes the cat is blind and had a hemerriage behind her left eye. she said it could be high blood pressure or kidney problems she said its best to put her down. should I believe the vet or have tests done because im sure if she is just blind she could still live a good life should I do as vet says or ask for her to be tested ie her kidneys and heart. as vet didnt even check them

2. Mrs. Spinkler profile image66
    Mrs. Spinklerposted 6 years ago

It depends on you and how much money you are willing to spend on the cat.  It probably would be good to go ahead and put her down because some cats do not adjust well to new changes but that is your decision.  I had a neighbor who's dog went blind in one eye, he did good for a long time, then he lost the other eye.  He ended up passing away about 6 months after that.  Whether to go to another vet is up to you, that vet will say about the same thing ah though he might list other options depending on how bad things look in your cats eyes.

working