jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you crate trained your dog?

1. sholland10 profile image91
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Have you crate trained your dog?

Crain training your pup gives them a sense of place and security.  It also protects your house when you are gone.  Ha!

2. Pamela Sarzana profile image61
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 6 years ago

Yes it's very easy to do. Dogs naturally take to crate training, it makes them feel safe. It is similar  to a  "Dog Den"  that they would have had in the wild.

3. T.Campos profile image59
    T.Camposposted 6 years ago

Yes my dog eats in there but if she can see anybody hangin out when she's locked up she thinks it's not fair! and starts to cry. She's goes in the kennel when I leave and at night, though and she does just fine.

4. Bukarella profile image84
    Bukarellaposted 6 years ago

I have a whole lengthy Hub on the question of crate training, and how natural is it to keep a dog crated. I have to admit, I disagree with the notion that it's like a wolf den, simply because even wolf pups past 2 months don't live in dens. wink

On another hand, yes, my dog is crate trained, but she spends little to no time there, outside of emergencies and illness.

5. alexadry profile image96
    alexadryposted 6 years ago

Are crates cozy dens or little prison cells? When should your puppy be crate trained? For how long can your dog be crated? Answers to some interesting crate training questions. read more