Why does my cats tail curl under like a monkey?

1. rachealomack profile image61
    rachealomackposted 6 years ago

Why does my cats tail curl under like a monkey?

My cat was born with an unusual tail that folds up like a monkey? He is really cute and eccentric but I am seeking answers, I know it is something genetic and rare.

2. carcro profile image94
    carcroposted 6 years ago

One of my cats also has a very odd tail, sort of double jointed. Someties her tail is straight and other times it bends and kinks in all sorts of directions, almost like the little crooked man with the little crooked cat...Your cat is very special like mine, I think its just an extension of their personalities!

3. Chatkath profile image77
    Chatkathposted 6 years ago

I agree, I have seen and cared for many many cats and their tails are all as different as they are.  In short, I don't think I would let it concern you unless it seems to cause him discomfort in any way - then you could give the vet a call, they may be able to ease your concern over the phone or they might want to take a look at Mr. Monkey Tail to make sure that nothing else is going on ! ?
    Usually our first instincts are right though - Celebrate his unique characteristics otherwise he may end up with low self esteem - further complicating matters (lol)

working