jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people keep dogs who kill pets? Should the dog be put to sleep?

1. Froglet profile image55
    Frogletposted 6 years ago

Why do people keep dogs who kill pets? Should the dog be put to sleep?

Neighbours dog killed all their pets twice now whilst being left outside whilst owners out. Also 18 months ago, one came over our 1800mm fence and killed my young daughters pet bantams.

2. Kristen Haynie profile image96
    Kristen Haynieposted 6 years ago

There are some people out there who are very uneducated and irresponsible pet owners. They clearly don't understand that you can't just keep pets for the fun of having them, you have to put in effort to keep them safe, happy, and well cared for.

1. bodylevive profile image76
      bodyleviveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on that note. A pet should have a secure place to be kept instead of being allowed to run around where ever it pleases. I love my pets and I keep them safe. When they are not in the house with me, they have a fenced area outside.

3. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

Definitly give it a hollow point in the head quick!Not it has tasted BLOOD whats next the neighbours or someones kid? Just remember all it is is a dog. It's not a big deal.And it's not called putting to sleep,kill it thats all.I will shoot one just for being on my property!

4. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image81
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 6 years ago

For some people, having a dog they know will kill is a selling point. They are misguided in keeping the animal for a pet, but they believe this animal will kill to protect them.

More often than not, the animal kills their own pets before it moves to human prey. These owners are the ones who keep the dogs in a frenzied state, which makes them more prone to attack.

Unfortunately, we have laws against putting the owners to sleep, but the dogs should be put down. The owners should be prosecuted, not just for the destruction of property, but for the treatment of the animal who dies because of their twisted idea of what a pet is.

Red.

5. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

I love my dogs and I really hate it when you have to a dog down but really? When a dog kills an animal, especially that many there is a violent streak and who knows when it will attack a innocent human. What if it's a child next?

So, yes I believe that the dog should be put down if it has killed other pets.

working