Is it really toxic for dogs to eat poinsetta leaves, or just in tiny amounts?

  1. relawshe profile image72
    relawsheposted 5 years ago

    Is it really toxic for dogs to eat poinsetta leaves, or just in tiny amounts?

    I've heard that poinsetta leaves are toxic to dogs, but I've also heard of dogs eating them and being fine.  Which is true?

  2. Shaddie profile image90
    Shaddieposted 5 years ago

    The toxicity of the poinsettia is widely exaggerated, and a dog would have to eat a LOT of the leaves in order for him to show clinical signs of toxicosis. Check this out for more information: http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/poinsettia.asp

  3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

    I did write an A-Z hub on houseplants that were poisonous to cats, but many of the plants are relevant to dogs too (and it states so where relevant). Poinsettia are listed, and their toxicity is overrated. If you want to read the full Hub and make sure none of your other plants are  problem you can read it here- http://mistyhorizon2003.hubpages.com/hu … -your-Cats

 
working