jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you live/lived on a farm what animals would you want to have and why?

1. momster profile image61
    momsterposted 6 years ago

If you live/lived on a farm what animals would you want to have and why?

2. Neetuar profile image73
    Neetuarposted 6 years ago

If I lived on a farm then obviously and for sure I would have cows. Also dog/s. Cow for its multipurpose use, like milk and where various products can be made out of it. Dog, we all know is a man's best friend. If I can get a monkey, then I would keep one. I cannot say exactly why, but it just passed my mind that it would be really nice to have one.

3. Made profile image61
    Madeposted 6 years ago

I would like to have sheep. I've always wanted to have that. Me and my family are actually planning on having some sheep, maybe just 3 or 4, in a couple of years.

4. brsmom68 profile image88
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

This Hub is in relation to a question asked about favorite farm animals. This is my list of favorites. read more

5. Nettlemere profile image93
    Nettlemereposted 6 years ago

I would have geese because goose eggs make the most delicious omlettes in my opinion. They also make good guards alerting you to strangers and foxes if you have them loose in the yard.
    I would also have some rare breeds such as Golden Guernsey Goats in the picture, because I think the traditional breeds are beautiful, interesting and a valuable genetic resource.
    I would also keep a couple of alpacas amongst my sheep, goats and free range poultry because they are reputed to ward away foxes and stray dogs.

6. DonnaCosmato profile image97
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

I'd like to keep chickens (not to eat) for the eggs and goats for the milk and the byproducts like soap, cheeses and so forth that you could make from them. Unfortunately, although I do live on a farm, my hubby is adamant about no livestock or fowl!

7. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

I would have chooks for the eggs, and plant the rest of the property with native vegetation to encourage wildlife to return to the district.

8. Shaddie profile image91
    Shaddieposted 6 years ago

Chickens, sheepies, a couple goats, and domesticated deer.