jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the largest domestic cat?

1. Flavie Lolol profile image76
    Flavie Lololposted 5 years ago

What is the largest domestic cat?

There are several breeds of domestic cats such as abyssinian cat, american bobtail, australian mist, american curl, british longhair, american polydactyl, american shorthair, american wirehair, german rex, japanese bobtail, asian semi-longhair, etc, etc. What breed of cats matures to the largest domestic cat?

2. Made profile image60
    Madeposted 5 years ago

I think it's Maine Coon. I'd love to have one.

3. DonnaCosmato profile image95
    DonnaCosmatoposted 5 years ago

The largest domestic cat of record (according to Guinness World Records) is an exotic breed. Standing over 17 inches tall, Magic is an A1 Savannah cat, with a Serval father and Savannah mother. Servals and Savannahs are among the largest of the domestic cats according to the major cat fancy organizations such as TICA or CFA. If you'd like more information, I've written several hubs on cats, cat fancy organizations, and cat health.

4. jenniferrpovey profile image91
    jenniferrpoveyposted 5 years ago

The largest pure domestic cat is the Maine Coon, closely followed by the very similar Norwegian Forest Cat.

Savannah cats are larger, but they are an 'exotic' breed and are not pure house cat. (They're the size of a small dog, averaging 14-15 inches...that's the same average size as a beagle).

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Guessing it might be the Maine Coon. I don't know for sure.

6. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

(I tried to answer this but my post keeps disappearing...)

Maine Coon.  see picture on left.