jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why a domestic cat always stick around your legs and purrs keeping a close watc

1. Himanshu Mishra profile image60
    Himanshu Mishraposted 3 years ago

Why a domestic cat always stick around your legs and purrs  keeping a close watch on you rmovements?

Animals,especially cats have a very sharp reflexes and they have very vivacious characterstics.They have extraordinary powers to express themselves . They usually stick aound your legs to demand something like food,petting or even affection.....You cannot afford to ignore them.

2. favored profile image36
    favoredposted 3 years ago

Working with vets and rescues this behavior is usually tied to claiming territory, especially if there is more than one animal in the home.  A purr isn't always an outward sigh of a "happy" cat, but is also a way of showing dominance.

For some animals they may follow their working owner around because don't want to be left alone.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

One reason cats like to rub against people's legs is because they are rubbing their scent on you and marking you as part of their territory and a member of their pride. It's a form of affection and acceptance. A lot of cats are loners, but if you have one that's always begging you for attention, take that as a positive thing. To them, you're a very large and strange looking cat and they've accepted you as one of them. That sounds strange, but it's true. If by "you can't afford to ignore them" you mean the cat in question will scratch or bite you if you ignore them, they have the dominant role. You have some work to do. Be firm and correct them for the bad behavior. You, as the owner, must establish that you're the Alpha male of the pride.

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Himanshu.....I stopped by to say that I love cats and always have at least one as a furbaby......but most all I wanted to tell you that the picture is absolutely one the most precious & adorable pictures of a cat & dog I have ever seen.  I LOVE it!  Is that a random photo or are those actually your pets?   It is perfectly classic.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

my cats stick to my legs when she is hungry, or when she wants me to pet her