Do you know what an actual American Pitbull Terrier looks like?

1. positivelysimple profile image60
    positivelysimpleposted 5 years ago

Do you know what an actual American Pitbull Terrier looks like?

I was walking my APBT in the local park, as we stopped to do some business a woman approached us. She felt the need to tell me her story and it goes like this she is scared of large dogs, according to her a pitbull chased her and almost attacked her. Then she went on to say how pitbulls are mean and no good. Then after her rant she wrapped it up with, "by the way that is a beautiful Boxer." I said thanks and walked away wondering what kind of dog chased her.

2. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 5 years ago

A lot of people are afraid of large breed dogs and amazingly a lot of people don't know what the different breeds are.  Unfortunately, these people have been somehow traumatized by a dog chasing them either as an adult or as a child.  Pitbulls have gotten a bad rap along with other breeds.  As you know it's not the dog, it's the owner.  A long time ago I bred Rotweillers.  They were 120 lb lap dogs until someone came on my property that didn't belong there.  But that's what I wanted them for.  I have a lab/pit cross who is a big baby until someone acts up around me.  She'll come and sit between me and the other person.

1. positivelysimple profile image60
      positivelysimpleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with you Sarra. I thought maybe someone would Hub about what great dogs they are when they have an owner who properly trains them. They're full of energy eager to please us. My dog is my fifth child. We don't leave home without her

working