jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Boxer dog breed manual that supports personality of boxers for families with chi

1. greatgranny profile image56
    greatgrannyposted 5 years ago

Boxer dog breed manual that supports personality of boxers for families with children ?

This breed is very exceptionally bred to protect children and their masters with their life. They are also very gentle with children playing with them. As a family dog they are very well suited?

2. jandee profile image58
    jandeeposted 5 years ago

Everybody is different and I don't see how a manual can help always.

I do know that if anyone is thinking of a Boxer Dog they should realise that this breed reqires lengthy walks frequently.

As is stated the Boxer is extremely protective of family children but with others then caution is required,

3. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 5 years ago

Boxers are very high energy dogs.  I have known gentle boxers and aggressive boxers.  As with all breeds, the breeder and the pup's parents must be carefully scrutinized. 

Boxers got their name because they like to rear up on their hind legs and "box" (play usually) with their front legs.  This inbred trait can be a real problem for those with children.  While some individual boxers will be great with children, I, personally, would look at other breeds - or even a mix - that has less energy.  Boxers can be a lot to handle.

4. kingkos profile image61
    kingkosposted 5 years ago

the best family dog for me..they can erase your sadness because of their energy to play and face impression.Your correct they are gentle with children playing with them .