jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why is cyber bullying taken lightly?

1. Laquinta Taylor profile image60
    Laquinta Taylorposted 4 years ago

Why is cyber bullying taken lightly?

2. Minnetonka Twin profile image87
    Minnetonka Twinposted 4 years ago

I don't know because it's just as bad as any other bullying behavior. Cyber bullying can lead to sucide and that's not ok.

3. lindajot profile image71
    lindajotposted 4 years ago

I think that with all the focus on bullying in general, it isn't taken as lightly as it was a few years back.  Unfortunately, I think the bullies won't stop until something really makes them, whether that means they or someone else gets hurt -  Sad stuff.

4. Author Cheryl profile image88
    Author Cherylposted 4 years ago

It's actually against the law.  Read the laws of your state.  Most states any kind of cyber bullying or harassment is against the law and is punishable as a felony if any kind of threats are made.

Laquinta Taylorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

School systems let it cyber bullying going on.they must know the law.

2. Author Cheryl profile image88
      Author Cherylposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is not up to the school systems to punish cyber bullies.  It is the parents responsibility to make sure their children are safe from all harm.  The signs are there when a child is being bullied or having other issues.  Parents ignore them.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

As Author Cheryl said, it's not to be trifled with because it's against the law in a lot of countries. The sad part is that while there is a lot of action to take on it (in the UK, police do not rest until cyber bullies have been apprehended and that doesn't take long), it's not viewed that seriously because it's not nearly as visible as physical bullying. You will notice depression in someone who is cyber bullied and even the scars of physical self harm, but you can't find evidence of someone doing it to the reciever unless you check their phone, computer, etc.

I find that a lot of (but not all) people who get involved in cyber bullied manage to do it themselves. There's a lot of security features on social networking sites - a common source for cyber bullying - that prevent others seeing personal information or using things against the victim. As the saying goes, "there's no smoke without fire", but it's a shame that's not always the case.

6. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

i believe that since it is done over the internet as opposed to face to face, it is not seen as harsh. there is no bodily injury in cyber bullying. even tho i believe that words (mental cruelty) cut deeper than a fist.

Laquinta Taylorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Until someone get harm thats when illegal action are taken.But it shouldn't be that way.

Closed to reply

working