jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

advice for first 'research based' hub

1. jackcoburn profile image69
    jackcoburnposted 5 years ago

G'day everyone

I just finsihed a hub titled Cyber Bullying: 21st Century Bullying and how it Really Came About which when you see the other hubs on my profile, is slightly different as it is more like a report or an analysis rather than my other hubs which are mainly stories, tips, and personal opinions.

I was wondering if the way I wrote it was easy to understand and useful knowledge as it looks at cyber bullying in a bit of a different way.

heres the link Cyber Bullying: http://jackcoburn.hubpages.com/hub/Cybe … to-Stop-it

any feedback and advice would be great!

Cheers!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Jack Coburn smile well, it's a long read. I found the paragraphs too long, may need to break them up more (6-8 lines) so not hard on the eyes. Cyber bullying is a 'social issue' and would add you mention that and add it to your tags. Hopefully you have a short and sweet summary that states, the point, of your Hub. Over all, well done smile

jackcoburnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll look into this when I have an hour or two.
      Cheers!
      One more question; did you feel that the content was interesting? Just because I thought that the stuff about how cyber bullying came about through the shift in the amount of contribution we had on media communications was something that hadn't really been explained much?

3. Dame Scribe profile image60

I enjoy learning and read a lot of 'informational and educational' articles out there. It wasn't a easy read due to the length and somewhat techy but interesting, yes. It may be useful for those looking into the 'psychology' going on behind the scenes with the issue and others may not comprehend at all. It will depend on the quality of the audience that appears wink jmo

Thanks for the advice! smile
      I have thought about it and maybe next time try to just focus on some of the more important stuff and leave out the content inbetween if that makes sense? Just to make it read easier; I will admit looking back at it I might not want to read something of that length unless I was very interested in the topic or was using it for research, but hopefully people still appreciate it! Hahaha.
      Anyways cheers! smile

4. andromida profile image76
    andromidaposted 5 years ago

well written and pretty easy to understand. Welcome to hubpages smile

Cheers!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on the hub as well I love getting comments! smile

5. Dame Scribe profile image60

I think the best thing to do when it comes to 'research' topics, is write draft in point form, develop key points, write a final draft around those points. Makes writing easier and editing here n there allows for 'infusing' some 'personality' into one's work too and maybe, elicit an 'action' . wink

Hahaha I understand, thank you! I was thinking about it yesterday and I agree; maybe even in dot points might work better in terms of being an easy read.

Cheers Dame Scribe for some great advice!

working