jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Is my dog pregnant

1. mommyofseven profile image60
    mommyofsevenposted 4 years ago

Is my dog pregnant

I have a female dog and the first day I noticed she was I'm her first heat was Oct 27 and I watched her good but another dog that was being walked ran in to my house one day I got.him out as soon as I could but now I'm worried my dog is pregnant because her nipples are getting so much bigger now then when she was in heat also she won't leave me alone and won't stop sleeping also she has slowed down on Eatting but I don't think the male got a change to really do anything and there was no tie please help I called the vet we can not get in for two weeks

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8546956_f260.jpg

2. Theophanes profile image96
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

The good news is she might be experiencing a false pregnancy which is fairly common in dogs and can indeed cause breast swelling. The bad news IF she is pregnant she's pretty much ready to pop right now. Usually by the time she fills with milk the puppies are within a few days of being born if not sooner. Do you know when this male dog was near her? You can rule out his involvement by timing. If she's that far along this should be easy.

1. mommyofseven profile image60
      mommyofsevenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

He ran in to the house Nov 13 or so sad this is her first heat and I worked so hard to keep her away from any male dog I was out side with her each time she had to go to the bath room and my back yard is like a wooded area and lots of people with dogs

2. Theophanes profile image96
      Theophanesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, dog gestation is usually around 9 weeks. If she is pregnant it's not by that dog. More likely she's going through a false pregnancy - usually brought on by another dog in the area getting pregnant. You'll know for sure in 2-3 days.

3. mommyofseven profile image60
      mommyofsevenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah i am hoping its a false one since she is too young to have puppys I wanted to wait to she is older her boobs are bigger but not leaking milk I have to wait to we can see the vet

working