Do you have a hard time figuring out what your pet wants sometimes?

1. Swope profile image60
    Swopeposted 3 years ago

Do you have a hard time figuring out what your pet wants sometimes?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 3 years ago

I have a mini schnauzer cross that can be difficult to read sometimes. Luckily, her needs are pretty simple -- food, water, outside, and "Help, the kids are crazy!" My Catahoula, on the other hand, is an excellent communicator. If I don't get it, he'll keep finding different ways to tell me until I do. He will bump me with his nose and then walk toward what he wants, checking to make sure I'm following, and will lead me right to it. He has been known to throw toys at the back of my head if he wants to play and I'm ignoring him. When there's a small critter outside that he'd like to chase, he'll lead me to the door and stare at it, shaking and whimpering, until I tell him no. He's been with us for over a year and is 3 years old now, and I haven't yet misunderstood him.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I'd say once in a while, but most of the time I'm pretty good at figuring it out. The hardest times is when my cat walks around meowing and he's already been fed and he doesn't really seem to want to "snuggle". Usually that's when a storm is approaching and, even though I can't hear it yet, he does.

working