jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you prevent skin rashes from any product or environmental bad reaction.?

1. erorantes profile image53
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

How do you prevent skin rashes from any product or environmental  bad reaction.?

There are many ways to get a rashes in your skin. How do you find out the solution to the problem besides washing your sheets with different soap and body wash soap.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

There are allergy testing medical facilities that can diagnose one's allergic reactions to numerous additives. Once they know what a person is allergic to they can (avoid) ingesting or coming in contact with those things.
    Nevertheless some people chose to put up with the side effects of their allergy rather than to stop using a product or letting go of their pets.
    If it's your pet that has allergies your pet's veterinarian can help with that.

1. erorantes profile image53
      erorantesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Mr. Dashingscorpio for the advice. You are wonderful to care for other people's skin problem. It is true about the pets allergies.  Maybe, I can be cure by the veterinarian when he fix my pet.

3. JayeWisdom profile image92
    JayeWisdomposted 3 years ago

If you experience contact dermatitis due to your skin's reaction to either a product or environmental issue, you could either (1) try an 'elimination diet' with all of the products that touch your skin to discover which one (or more than one) caused the rash, or (2) dump all 'regular' commercial products in the trash bin and start over with natural or 'green' products that do not contain chemicals which can cause dermatitis even in skin that is not sensitive.

I have sensitive skin as well as respiratory allergies and have  gradually replaced all of the commercial products I once used for natural (and these are usually inexpensive, such as vinegar, hydrogen pyroxide, baking soda, water, etc.) and 'green' (these cost more, but I use less and don't waste even a drop) products without harmful chemicals.

I searched all over the Internet to find a single toothpaste (made by miessence in Australia) that doesn't contain parabens. There are also websites that list personal care products that are healthier/safer, and some of them show how to find the least expensive. It's a lot of work, but it's for your health so that makes it worthwhile. This is especially important if it's needed for children.

I wash bed linens, towels, underwear, etc. with one of the mild 'green' non-detergent cleaners and vinegar. I rinse each load a second time with cold water, and I don't use dryer sheets (notorious for causing contact dermatitis).  Good luck with your quest!

4. erorantes profile image53
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

Thank you for your awnser about skin problems. It is not easy to figure out what causes skin rashes. Good advice about changing the sheets, and washing most of the clothes with green products. You are correct Mr. Jayewisdom.

1. JayeWisdom profile image92
      JayeWisdomposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I hope you are able to discover the substance that is causing skin rashes. It certainly can't hurt to use natural or green products for everyday cleanup and laundry.  By the way, it's "Ms." JayeWisdom, but thinking it should be "Mr." is common.

working