jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My 8 week old American Staffordshire Terrier is eating & drinking well, yet I ge

1. keepitnatural profile image73
    keepitnaturalposted 24 months ago

My 8 week old American Staffordshire Terrier is eating & drinking well, yet I get the feeling he...

wants more than just dry food. I soak his biscuits in water & feed him 3 times per day. He usually has just a little left over. Sometimes, however, he seems to get frustrated & whine/cries at his food. I have also noticed him getting extremely excited when me or the kids are eating & tries to get to the food. (Which of course I don't allow). Would it be a good idea to give him the occasional cooked egg? Or perhaps just a 1/4 pouch of good quality, natural puppy meat with his tea on an evening?
    Any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12906970_f260.jpg

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 24 months ago

It would probably be in this little guy's best interest to ask a vet who is familiar with this breed.

3. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 24 months ago

You should look into feeding a natural, raw diet. (There is a lot of good info out there if you search on the internet.) Would you be happy if all you were eating was plain biscuits and water?

1. keepitnatural profile image73
      keepitnaturalposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Completely agree! It's just with his age...
      My last dog ate this type of diet Thank you <3

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
      DrMark1961posted 23 months agoin reply to this

I usually start my Pit puppies on chicken necks and chicken feet at about 6 weeks since the bones are small and not  a problem at that age. Before that I give them ground meat (all types).

4. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 23 months ago

I feed beef heart to my little dog. I use chiclet sized beef liver that I dry myself for training.  I feed dry food but that's more of a sign to me to feed him since won't eat the dry food unless really hungry.

Check out the "ugly truth rendered meat"

working