jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Is a good idea for Apartment Managers to say it's OK for People to Have Pets in

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

Is a good idea for Apartment Managers to say it's OK for People to Have Pets in their Apartments?

As little ones learn to care for another together with learning what responsibilities are about.
    The older you get the more you are stuck at home.. Gives the elderly constant affection and something to do.
    Gives you at least one time of the day to be friendly in your neighbourhood as you walk your dog or pet cat.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13074843_f260.jpg

2. Alessio Ganci profile image84
    Alessio Ganciposted 20 months ago

For me NO, I think everyone should be free to carry his pet. I agree people should be forced to keep the apartment clean, if someone agrees to keep it clean and to be responsible for any damage to furniture, he should be free to keep all the pets he wants. Also by considering some pets are much more cleaner than some humans, forbidding pets in an apartment is one of the most ridicolous things to hear.

threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I am for pets in Apartments. I too believe pets can be cleaner than some of us humans.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 20 months ago

I believe pets should be allowed. I've lived in apartments most of my adult life and have had pets, both dogs and cats at different times, and finding apartments that will accept them can be daunting. I love my pets and count on them for companionship and entertainment. It would break my heart to lose them. However, because I've had pets and have lived in apartments that allow them I've also seen the damage that can be done by pets that are out of control and witnessed the heartbreak of a poor pet that has been abandoned because someone moved and decided they didn't want the pet anymore. The problem isn't with pets in the apartments, it's with the people who own the pets in the apartments.
    There is one thing I would like to see as a requirement for pets in apartments and that is that they be spayed or neutered. Most animal rescue societies offer free or lower prices for spaying and neutering. It's best for the animal, the owner, and the apartment.

When you think of it most of the time when an animal becomes a pet it is rarely allowed to mate up and have relationships. We take that away from them.
      I understand in getting the pet desexed can make our pets more placid and easier to control.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 20 months agoin reply to this

It's more than that and the problem is more in relation to cats than dogs. A lot of people here believe that it's okay to let their cats out uncontrolled during the day. If they're not spayed or neutered you end up with large stray or feral colonies.

3. threekeys profile image81

I see now...

4. Chatty Chat profile image90
    Chatty Chatposted 20 months ago

As a dog owner, I am all for pets in apartments. However, untrained dogs can damage the floors and cause disturbances for the other tenants because of their barking. I understand if an apartment manager doesn't allow pets.

Equally valid points. Cheers!

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 20 months ago

My daughter is in an apartment complex and she is allowed to have a cat, since many of them can be indoor cats.  She had him fixed before she moved in, but not sure if it was a requirement, it was something she wanted to get done.  This apartment allows small dogs as well.  I know one lady who was allowed a dog or cat in her apartment, one pet.  But she had something like 4 dogs and 3 cats and even a pot bellied pig.  She eventually was evicted even though she did keep it cleaned.  She basically went overboard in pets

6. Johnny James A profile image78
    Johnny James Aposted 20 months ago

I think it is a good idea to allow pets in apartments with restrictions on the type of pets allowed, and punishments for those who do not clean up after pets. I think the reason a lot of managers did not like pets in the past was due to liability issues.  However, now many managers require renter's insurance for this issue.  However, I hate apartments which allow exotic pets like snakes as there is always some fool who loses the pet.

I understand. We had tenants living above our office. We had a first morning call to lets us know the upstairs snake had escaped!

working