How to Make 3D Origami Hello Kitty
3D Origami Hello Kitty
I wanted to share with you all on how 3D Hello Kitty is created. I have provided an easy-to-follow, step by step instructions in the video along with some written instructions in this hub showing you on how to turn several hundred pieces of triangle units into adorable and impressive looking model 3D Origami Hello Kitty.
Please bear in mind, this kind of origami artwork is extremely time consuming. Do not expect to finish a model in 30 minutes or so. The amount of time it takes to complete a sculpture or model depends on how many pieces you need or how big the sculpture is, it can take anywhere from one hour to more than a week to even several months. But in my option no matter what the level of complexity or the size of the model is, it will be worthy and surely impressive in the end.
Let's get started!!
1. I usually like to make all the triangular pieces I need for a model before I start putting pieces together. But you can start making the model and make the pieces as you go. Either way is fine, do whichever is convenience for you.
2. The triangular pieces do not have to be 100 % perfect. As long as they are all about the same size, they should work fine.
3. The hello kitty head needs 34 white color triangular pieces all the way around for each row, a total of 12 rows.
4. The hello kitty body needs 32 triangular pieces for each row, a total of 12 rows.
- Row 1 needs 30 white triangular pieces and 2 pink color triangular pieces
- Row 2 needs 29 white triangular pieces and 3 pink color triangular pieces
- Row 3 needs 30 white triangular pieces and 2 pink color triangular pieces
- Row 4 needs 29 white triangular pieces and 3 pink color triangular pieces
- Row 5 needs 30 white triangular pieces and 2 pink color triangular pieces
- Row 6 through Row 12 need 32 pink triangular pieces all the way around
Follow the video, it shows you where to place the pink color triangular pieces from Row 1 to Row 5. I have also provided a picture below with a green circle on the hello kitty, this is where we are going to place the pink triangular pieces from Row 1 To Row 5.
Things You Need to Make 3D Hello Kitty.
For the head: you need 408 white color triangular pieces
For the Body: you need 154 white color triangular pieces, and 220 pink color triangular pieces
1 Black color paper to make 2 nickel-sized eyes and 6 whiskers
1 yellow color paper to make 1 nickel-sized nose
1 white color paper to make 2 ears and 2 hands
1 pink color paper to make 2 arms
1 red color paper to make 1 bow
You also need a nickel, a pair of scissors, glue, pencil, ruler, a black permanent marker.
The hello Kitty I have created is about 10 inches tall and 6 inches wide. If you would like to make a smaller hello kitty, you just need less paper and of course less time compare to the one I show here. However, if you are going to make a bigger model than what I show in the picture, you will have to fold a lot more triangular pieces and of course more time and patience would be needed.
Just keep in mind, either you want to make a smaller or a bigger model, the number of triangular pieces is always greater for the head than it is for the body, because you have to make the head big enough to be able to fit it over the body.
Good luck and have fun in your project. I hope you will enjoy creating this beautiful art as much as I do. I hope you find the instructions and the video helpful, if you have any questions, leave it in the comment box below, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I will have more videos uploaded on Youtube in the future regarding other models, please subscribe and stay updated