Cardboard Gift Box Decorating Ideas
Today, there are so many gift packing materials available that are enticing. Gift wrappers reflecting various themes have also caught their own place in the market. Have you ever thought of decorating your gift box with your own ideas? Here are some easy, inexpensive decorating ideas that can give a distinctive outlook to your gift box.
What do you do with the cardboard box you get when you buy things such as toys, electronic items and other kinds of apparels? Throw away or keep in stock? Cardboard boxes of varying sizes can be used as a gift box after embellishment. Selection of the cardboard of the right size and the kind of decoration that matches your gift matters a lot.
Decorating jewelry gift box
Jewelry gift idea itself is expensive and we treat jewelry as precious. A striking gift box is needed for giving value to this glorious gift. Here's one idea for decorating your invaluable jewelry gift box.
1. Wrap the box with a coloring paper of your choice.
2. Put some simple designs on the top of the box. Decorate the designs using golden or silver threads.
3. Make some flowers out of gilt paper and stick them on the top of the cardboard box.
4. Ribbon wrapping is the end stage of decoration. Here, I’ve curled a small ribbon to stick to a side. Color selection of the ribbon should be in such a way that it goes with the color of the background.
Decorating Christmas gift box
Christmas gifts are always inviting as they represent a holy occasion. Embellishment of gift boxes is also a part of Christmas decoration. Using glossy decorative materials would reflect the festive air along-with your own creative ideas.
1. Wrap the cardboard box using your desired choice of color.
2. Paint the top of the box with some floral designs or that of some holy pictures. Painting Santa is a traditional way of decoration.
3. Cut small, thin pencil-like papers from gilt paper and then tie together to look like a ball.
4. Stick the ball to a side of the box. Wrapping organza ribbon instead of this also would be a nice idea.
Decorating birthday gift box
Like birthday gift ideas, decorating ideas for the birthday gift box are many. Children get excited to see various colorful, artistically decorated gift boxes. Using different variety of materials, you can make countless birthday gift boxes of your own. Artificial rose flowers, ribbons, stickers and cut-work materials are some dazzling ways of decorating your gift box. Here I’ve used thermocol balls for adorning this kids’ birthday gift box. Four butterflies on the corner and a rose flower on the center forms the entire design.
1. Wrap the cardboard box with light, sober colored papers.
2. Make designs of your choice that may be interesting for the birthday child, according to his age and taste.
3. Stick thermocol balls as an outline and wrap ribbon.
Cardboard is a fine medium for making any shapes and designs. Many educational project works of children are accomplished with the help of cardboard. Recycling cardboard can bring out numerous creative handicrafts and articles attractive to the eye.
Do you like these decorating ideas?
Making a cute gift box
- Making artificial rose flowers
This hub details the making of artificial rose flowers using Organdy clothes. Decorating a flower basket also has been discussed here.
- Flowers of thread garden in Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India
Thread garden, Ooty is a millennium miracle of flowers crafted with threads by skilled artisans competing with computerized machine performance. Let's discuss about it in this hub.
- Eco-Friendly Gift Wrapping Ideas - Reduce, Reuse & R...
Tips and ideas to make your gift wrapping more environmentally friendly, by following the three R's - Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
© 2012 Radhika Sreekanth