Keep Kids Busy-Crafts and Exercise
Finding Rocks for Crafts with Kids
There are many crafts with kids, and finding rocks and painting them offer exercise and crafting. You will find many suitable rocks to paint while searching outdoors. Have your acrylic paints waiting at home to paint the rocks you collect. The kids will enjoy your taking the time to rock hunt with them. This is a creative and inexpensive craft that the entire family can enjoy. Pick out rocks that are fairly smooth, not too small and not too large.Find a special place in your home where you will display the rocks when they are complete.
Have Fun Painting Rocks
After You Collect the Rocks
After you have picked several rocks for your paint day you will need to clean them well..Wash the rocks with soap and water and dry thoroughly before starting the painting step. The kids will treasure their own special work of art and look forward to the next rock finding excursion.
What You' Need
- Craft acrylic paints in different colors
- Paint brushes
- Small shallow containers of water
- Clear acrylic Gloss Coating
- Pull out pictures of animals, flowers, trees and other items.
- Practice drawing on small pieces of paper to get used to the small surface of the rocks.
- Paint the rocks with a coat of white paint and allow to dry.
- Use very small brushes when painting.
- Dig in and start painting anything you desire. If you don't like what you have done--just give the rock another coat of white paint, and start all over again.
- Encourage the kids to use lots of different colors and to feel free expressing themselves with whatever they wish to paint.
The family doing things together is a special time, and everyone will enjoy one of the most fun crafts with kids.
Crafts from Amazon
Other Hubs on Crafts
- DIY Craft Ideas: Make and Sell your Crafts
Napkins and placemats are a favorite with people. Find places to sell your crafts and enjoy making some extra money with your talents.
- DIY Embroidery: How To Create Beautiful Appliques
You need a sewing machine, some ambition, fabric and a few supplies and you can create beautiful appliques on clothes, bedspreads, curtains and purses. It is easier than you think.
- Easy Crafts for the Elderly and Impaired To Enjoy
Elderly and impaired people learning new crafts keeps them happy and enthused. There are crafts for all different impairments. Age is not a factor in having fun.
- How To Decoupage a Table Top Easily
Decoupage an old table top and give it some personality. It is easy to do and looks good even if you make a few mistakes.
- DIY Decorative Pillow and Towel Ties
These pillow and towel ties decorate a room with color and design. They are easy to make and have many uses.