Rocking Horse Seat Redo
The rocking horse seat was starting to show major deterioration. It was time to re do.
I had some flat foam, a sharpie, a pair of jeans that had some salvageable material and set out to pull the old seat cover off.
The leg of the jeans were tapered and was just a little bigger than the foam I cut for the seat. I had placed the foam on the seat and traced around it from below with my black ink Sharpie pen
I cut the foam with a heavy duty Fiskars scissors. Then, I took the piece of pantleg that I had cut off and inserted the foam in it. The sideseams were still intact. I pressed the material down one one side if the seat with my finger and made a line on the material with the pen. I top stitched that line
Then I put a line on the other side, pulled the foam out and top stitched the line. I reinserted the foam and put the seat in position on the horse.
I cut into old seat off with scissors. I washed the wood off since the old foam had disintegrated into a fine powder mess.
I was going to staple it to the horse, then cover the Staples with the decorative strip and decorative tacks, but the staple gun wasn't functioning. I used flat roofing nails instead. Then covered them up.
You have to space your decorative nails as to miss the heads of the roofing nails. I did not remove the old Staples, so I'm sure they were under there as well.