jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Is An Artist?

1. inspiremyart profile image54
    inspiremyartposted 8 years ago

What Is An Artist?

What Is An Artist? Read my Column forst and tell me what you think.

2. rvsource profile image56
    rvsourceposted 8 years ago

To me an artist is someone that uses their brains and creativity to allow their hands or whatever instrument to create!

For me personally, I can take my right hand and make a drawing or something out of clay very much resemble something else.

Check out some of my art on my blogs. Just go to my profile and search em out.

Let me know what you think and keep up the blogging!

Jeff

3. SCL profile image55
    SCLposted 8 years ago

An Artist is someone who is able to express themselves in words, movement, writing, painting etc etc. Someone who is creative in their expression of what they are trying to convey. This of course is completely subjective and even the most naieve of art forms is always going to have it's critics.There is always someone who will jump up and down at the opening of a new abstract exhibition and say: "I could have done that! That isn't art!"
    The simple answer to that statement has to be:
    "BUT you didn't do it did you?"
    Sorry couldn't see how to get to your column to read it....

4. LindaCSmith profile image74
    LindaCSmithposted 8 years ago

I've taught both colored pencil and acrylic painting classes and I always tell my students that an artist is someone who chooses to communicate through creative media...an artist can be someone who sews beautiful quilts, or paints with oils, or builds with beautiful woods...art is subjective but it is the language of creativity.

working