WHAT DO YOU USE FOR THE CENTER OF THE FLOWERS TO ATTACH THEM?

1. profile image46
    hankandroseposted 8 years ago

WHAT DO YOU USE FOR THE CENTER OF THE FLOWERS TO ATTACH THEM?

2. frogyfish profile image78
    frogyfishposted 8 years ago

hankandrose, thanks for your question. 
    It does depend on what you use for the center, i.e. large glitter, rhinestones, pompoms, paper or craft sand.  I like the sand centers best, but the other can be attractive also.

Your favorite rhinestone, glitter glue is fine for them and you buy whatever is available at a craft store.  I do use a dimensonal type 'glue' for adhering the sand, i.e. Aleene's Paper Glaze or even her Jewel-it type.  Another I have used is JudiKins Diamond Glaze. These all are crystal clear thick glues that are good for adhesion and coating, so they dry fairly quickly and retain the 3-D look.  They are more expensive than say, Elmer's white glue which I use on the papers, but the Elmer's does not retain the 3-D after drying.  There are other brands of these clear thick glues and any would be acceptable, though drying times might vary.  I have also used some acrylic dimensional 'crack filler' type products, but some also have a strong odor which I try to avoid.

In my floral hub, I give instructions for the sand-centers gluing process, but I have been intending to make a video to show this.
    You do have to work fairly quickly in 'sanding the glue globs' so that you will achieve the 3-D coverage. 

I know your floral crafting efforts will be beautiful.  Would be glad to see some of them too.  Best wishes, and enjoyment!

working