jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Some tips to take great pictures with your digital camera?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image62
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Some tips to take great pictures with your digital camera?

2. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

Follow the rule of thirds (there's an excellent hub by FCEtier on this called Photography Composition 101) and make good use of the light. There is a lot of beauty in the simple things around us. Most of all, have fun and explore - that's the best way to learn smile

3. lifeisabeach profile image58
    lifeisabeachposted 7 years ago

I'm not very good with digital cameras. But I know the hard way that you need to keep it very still when taking photos in order to avoid them getting blurry.

(This advice mainly applies to the cheaper cameras - if you got a professional one for $1000 I do not think your photos get blurry)

4. angela_michelle profile image97
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

One thing that I have found has helped is look through sites that post a lot of really great quality photos like flickr.com. See what looks good. Notice where the center of the picture is. Are your favorite photos centered? Probably not. I was once told to stop centering all my pictures and since then my pictures are much more appealing to the eye. Sometimes it looks best when the central focus of my picture is to the side. When taking pictures of people try not to always center on their eyes. That being said focus on the eyes, but don't have them in the center. This will add character to your photo.

5. daniel.edie profile image54
    daniel.edieposted 7 years ago

I usualy play around with my cammera on different settings to figure out what works really good and what doesnt. Like one example would be when i discovered the shutter capacity setting and it is pretty awesome when your in good lighting.

Another thing i like to do is change the setting on it and use the wide screen option, something like 16:9 ratio or something like that when i'm doing serious or professional looking pictures.

Every cammera is going to be different but i really recomend the Kodak Easy Share z915 or a cannon.

Photoshop is also something i use to edit my pics with and its awesome for making blends.

Hope this helps.

working