What does it take to get a statue?

1. nifty@50 profile image73
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

What does it take to get a statue?

2. Wayne Tilden profile image59
    Wayne Tildenposted 7 years ago

If by this you mean a statue of yourself, I can think of only a small number of ways to do that in this day and age.
    Dead soldiers are always good subjects for statues/ sculptures. Living soldiers nearly never have statues made of them.
    You can be a great hero without dying - like a president, a mega-star, or a cartoon character if you want to be seen at a major amusement park. (Although there are statues of all the "Peanuts" characters in a park in Santa Rosa, California where Charles Schultz lived.)
    But if you're still talking about a statue of yourself the only other way I can see it happening would be to commission it for yourself. I believe all you'd have to do is pay a sculptor an obscene amount of money, purchase a piece of land to place it on for an obscene amount of money, get all the rights, licenses and waivers to put it up, also, I'm sure, for an obscene amount of money.
    Now you can get a statue. And with all that "obscene money" you should be able to pose any way you want. (wink, wink.)

working