jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How do I get more web design work?

1. itsandreawilson profile image67
    itsandreawilsonposted 7 years ago

How do I get more web design work?

I build websites using wordpress and I'm pretty darn good at it. I can actually offer MUCH better prices than design shops since I don't have much overhead. How can I get more work?

2. cluongo18 profile image55
    cluongo18posted 7 years ago

That may be true, but the competition is tuff. They're many other people, like you, who can create "good" wordpress websites and offer "much better prices". You need to advertise your services like your advertising a business, and offer live examples.

That site has a great marketplace forum where you can advertise your services.

3. WebDesignDoctor profile image58
    WebDesignDoctorposted 7 years ago

The best thing you can do starting out is create a good website where you will offer your services; spend a lot of time on this because this will be your digital storefront, you want to have a high quality, professional, fresh looking site complete with a portfolio of your work and pricing options etc. Once you create it, drive traffic to it by building links to it and social networking, try to create a buzz on the internet. This takes time and you must continue your SEO efforts while running ads on Microsoft AdCenter and Google AdWords. These to PPC advertising services are well worth the money you will spend on them because the traffic is so highly targeted. Biggest thing to remember is to be patient and never give up!

4. gradyp profile image57
    gradypposted 7 years ago

Also, find places where people who might want a site created for them might be hanging out.  Forums are a great place, particularly ones about making money or internet marketing.  That and whatever forums you already happen to be a member of, just keep an ear out for someone who sounds like they might could use your service.

5. hotwebideas profile image73
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

Andrea, web design is very competitive, so we web designers have to think out of the box. What I do is attending business networking meetings and look for the badly designed websites, then I contact the owner and tell them we can improve it wink

I hope this helps,

1. andrew savage profile image60
      andrew savageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are there any only business networking meetings that are free or low cost that you recommend?

2. hotwebideas profile image73
      hotwebideasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey Andrew. Networking events are free & paid, but I have never paid more than $30 to attend a meeting & are free. If you attend a paid one, make sure it's popular enough to give you the exposure you need and that a lot of business owners att