What are some basics to photographing nature?

1. KrystalD profile image80
    KrystalDposted 5 years ago

What are some basics to photographing nature?

Can you tell me some good starter cameras, locations and tips to begin photographing nature.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6237696_f260.jpg

2. dappledesigns profile image92
    dappledesignsposted 5 years ago

A good starter camera would be an entry level DSLR. My opinion is that brand doesn't matter as much at entry level, it is more important that you find a camera that allows you to shoot in manual mode and if possible in RAW format.

I'm not sure where you are located, so I can tell you basic "areas and seasons" that would be a good start. Flowers are a great part of nature to begin with when you are learning. They offer so many different colors, patterns and opportunity for different perspectives to be creative.

The real trick is the photograph something that you love and that makes you happy. It will show in your photos, and you will be more patient learning.

Other tips - create random weekly assignments for yourself and then share them on social media to get feedback. Look at historically loved photographs and try to set up the image yourself as far as lighting and exposure. (don't copy! just learn and give credit to who inspired you).

working