jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How do you make those lovely fragrant cinnamon pinecones at home?

1. Billie Pagliolo profile image61
    Billie Paglioloposted 5 years ago

How do you make those lovely fragrant cinnamon pinecones at home?

I tried sprinkling cinnamon on a pinecone and it didn't work !  Also, what objects in addition to pinecones would work, especially a home with blue and white theme or that uses other soft colors?

2. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Cinnamon essential oil is the best way to scent a pine cone. The scent will be absorbed into the "wood" of the cone, and it will last longer. Place the pine cones into a plastic bag. Sprinkle in 15-20 drops of the cinnamon essential oil into the bag. Shake well, and let sit for about a week. You can add more, or redo the scent as necessary. You can buy cinnamon essential oils at most health food stores. Be careful not to have the essential oil come into contact with your skin. Cinnamon is a skin irritant. Flush with water if it does happen to come in contact.
    Why not try some acorns or other finds from nature? If you wanted to, you could paint them. I like to use dried flowers. Many of them up here in NH "freeze dry" after the first hard frost. You can paint these also. It makes them last longer too.

1. Billie Pagliolo profile image61
      Billie Paglioloposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely WONDERFUL! Thank you. I adore fragrances like that. Last night I couldn't find the usual lavendar dryer packets from Trader Joe's that I SLEEP with, so I put a bar of Lavendar soap under my pillow!

2. loveofnight profile image82
      loveofnightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It appears that you have answered before me and have supplied Billie with the very advice that I would have given.......keep hubbing and don't stop crafting.

3. Jamie Brock profile image91
    Jamie Brockposted 5 years ago

Just wanted to let you know your question inspired me to do a hub! Here it is:http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Scented-Pine-Cones. Hope it's okay to post that link here but thought you might be interested since your question was the main thing that inspired me smile

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image60
      KatyWhoWaitedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awesome.  I'll take a look.  I was in Michaels and once AGAIN smelled those pinecones and thought, now how did that hub-writer say to do this. But I'm excited to look at YOUR hub.  Yay!  Just in time for Christmas.

2. Jamie Brock profile image91
      Jamie Brockposted 5 years agoin reply to this

oh yes.. it was so much fun too...I'm glad it will come in useful for you smile

working