jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What would you like to learn about being a florist, floral design, or the fresh

1. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

What would you like to learn about being a florist, floral design, or the fresh flower industry?

If you could read a piece on floral design written by a professional floral designer, what would you be interested in learning about her job, about designing flower arrangements, or about something else about the floral industry? What kind of floral design tutorials would you be interested in seeing?

It's hard to know what people outside of a profession would like to know about it so I'm asking for your help deciding what to write about floral design next. Thank you!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12631422_f260.jpg

2. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

What's the training required? Is it an entry-level position, or is there a class or school that florists go to prior to making arrangements?

Kylyssaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the questions. You've given me a great idea for a hub.

3. Chantelle Porter profile image93
    Chantelle Porterposted 2 years ago

I would like to learn about the principles of arranging beautiful bouquets.

Thank you! That will take me in a direction that never would have occurred to me. It will take some serious thinking and analysis of the process and I am glad for the challenge.

4. Katie Wirth profile image59
    Katie Wirthposted 2 years ago

I would like to see an article on the flaws and virtues of some of the most commonly used flowers.

That's a great idea for an article and one that should be useful for readers. Thank you for sharing your insight.

2. Chantelle Porter profile image93
      Chantelle Porterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I also like this idea. Sometimes I will cut the most beautiful flower from my back yard and it just doesn't last. So it would be nice to know which backyard flowers are the best for cutting and also which ones have really great scent

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

How to make the green stuff to  make the flower stalks stick in

I've actually been working on figuring that out because I recently learned the commercially available green foam is toxic. I've been experimenting with some things that should be safer and I plan to write about it as soon as I've got something good.

working