jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Perfect Camera for Freelancer?

1. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

I have been thinking of trying to take some photos to try to sell them for stock, but not sure what camera I should consider. I used to have the first Rebel that ever came out, but no longer have that. Any recommendations? And do most pros use an SLR format, or digital? thanks!

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image85
      mypleasurefantasyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As far as with "professional" photographers using SLR, we actually use both SLR and DSLR. SLR's tend to have more variety as far as with medium format, small format (which are most DSLR's) and large format. Not to include the film, which comes in large large varieties. Ultimately, your purchase is going to have to come from what are you most comfortable with. Canons are great cameras, and so are nikons (especially since I use a Nikon for all my work), it ultimately depends on you and what your comfortable with and how well you know the camera on Manual mode. Unfortunately, a lot of stock sites, especially Iphoto and Getty, don't like pictures that use the built in flash. If your new to photography, you should look at a lot of techniques and how to to gain a better understanding of what makes a photo and what makes a snapshot.

1. prairieprincess profile image96
        prairieprincessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for replying. I did take a year of Journalism a few years ago, and learned a lot about photograpy, but I let it go for quite a while and am looking at getting back into it, just on a casual basis. I feel comfortable with the Rebel, just because I've already had one, albeit the older version.

thanks again

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image85
          mypleasurefantasyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you need any help just let me know. I post hubs every few days teaching people about a lot of the basics of digital photography and the how to and the what. I'll be posting photoshop techniques soon. Or If you have questions, just shoot me a message and I'll do my best to answer you. 10 year photography veteran!!

2. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

The new Rebel is really cool, and I almost bought one, but got a Pentax digital K-x instead - treated myself to a long lens as well which I love it for shooting wildlife. Love it to pieces.
    I am hoping Santa will bring me a landscape (wide angle) lens for Christmas big_smile

3. profile image54
    draganflameposted 6 years ago

i thnk you need to see Nikon d90
    this is really great and easy to use camera

working