- Automotive Makes & Models
The Honda Civic - The Ideal Car For New Drivers
After hours of driving lessons you have now passed your driving test and are the proud owner of a full driving license. Welcome to the club. Now the mundane part is out of the way, it is time to go and buy your first car. Buying your first car is an important step in your life. Your wheels are going to give you the freedom to go where you want to go, when you want to go. No longer will you have to sit at the bus stop being hassled by that old guy who won’t shut up, no longer will you be stuck on the railway platform freezing your butt off and no longer will you have to sweat it out on your bicycle. Owning a car is a wonderful thing.
For as long as you live you will remember your first car, from the time you bought it to your first drive and all the way through owning the car, these memories will remain with you forever. You are going to want to associate your first car with happy memories right, so you have to make sure your first car is one that is worth having and is not going to be of a hindrance than a help.
Buying your first car can be a stressful time. Not many first time drivers are fortunate enough to have a lot of surplus cash to buy a brand new car, therefore a used car is the only option. There are risks associated with buying used cars, but if you take your time and exercise some common sense you shouldn’t have too many problems.
So, before you go and buy your first car you need to sit down and think about the features the ideal car for first time buyers should have. Devise a list and note it down to focus your mind. The ideal first time buyers car should;
1) Be reasonably cheap to buy, after all it is unlikely you are going to have a large budget
2) Be cheap to insure, auto insurance is notoriously expensive for new drivers and you need to build up some driving experience to get it down. In the mean time the cheaper the better.
3) Be cheap to run and economical. The price of gas is going up and up and it is only going to get more expensive with time. A car that gives the best mpg is ideal to keep costs down.
4) Be cheap to repair and maintain. All cars need maintaining and all cars will break down at some point. Some cars are cheap to maintain and fix, and some cars are not. New drivers should opt for a car that is cheap to repair.
5)Be reliable and built to give years of trouble free motoring.
Many new drivers are more concerned with what their car looks like and what “street cred” the car has than the features above, which is wrong. Forget about what your peers think of your car or what you look like behind the wheel and be practical. As a young driver you will have plenty of opportunities in life to buy more desirable cars, once you have built up some driving experience and have the funds behind you so afford to own such a car.
The Honda civic ticks all the boxes above and is the ideal car for first time buyers and newly qualified drivers. What’s more, the Honda Civic looks good and your peers are going to love it, so it’s a win win situation. There are loads of reasons to buy a Honda Civic, and this car really is the perfect car for new drivers.
So, if you have recently passed your test and are looking for the perfect first car, make sure the Honda Civic is at the top of your list. With a Honda Civic you can’t go too far wrong.