- Buying & Selling New & Used Cars
Tips and secrets on how to buy a used car
Buying a car can be difficult
The question of buying a car is a great deal for everybody. No matter whether we want to buy a new or a used car, the decision may be difficult. Most of the people have no idea which car they want to buy until they see and 'fall in love' with one. Those, who can afford a new car, have easier work to do, because they can buy new cars directly from a car dealer. But those, who have less money, have more options to choose the car they want. In the followings those people will find some good ideas on how and where to find their perfect used car for sale and what to do after they have found it and want to make a deal.
Places, where you can find the used car you want to buy
First of all, I have to mention that there are many options available both offline and online to find your future car. In the newspapers there are many free classifieds that can be useful for you, but those are few in number and the place for the ad is limited so it is shorter and less detailed than the online classifieds. So I must hearten you to hop online and search the internet for your car.
An available place to search is a search engine like Google or Yahoo where you can enter your keywords and look only for ads that contain those.
Another nice place for your search is a specific website that offers a wide range of free classifieds online. These ads are not that limited and can contain much more detail about the car offered for sale.
You can even look for used cars for sale on the websites of car dealers, because most of the dealers offer not only new cars for sale, but used cars as well.
No matter what you choose, the only thing that is important:
Never buy a car before you have seen it and made a complete vehicle inspection!
Dealers or private parties?
It is hard to decide whether to buy your used car from car dealers or directly from private parties. In my opinion, it is not a big deal. If you have found the car that will be perfect for you at a car dealer, then buy it from them. Or if you have found it in a classified of a private party then buy it over there. But! I advise you to call the advertiser and ask them a few questions about the car to make sure you will not make an unnecessary trip to see the car with your own eyes before you buy it.
Books on car buying and car cleaning kits on Amazon
Questions to ask before making a trip to see the car
In the following list you can see some questions you possibly want to ask before making a trip to see the car. It is not necessary to ask each question, but the more you ask, the better you get to know the condition of the car.
- What is the exact price of the car?
- Has the car ever been involved in an accident?
- Are there any damages on the car?
- How many miles are on the car?
- What is the reason you want to sell this car?
- Can I see more pictures about it?
- Can I have the car inspected independently?
Do not think that the inspection of the car is unnecessary. It is always advised to have the car checked by a professional, because there can be many inner damages that cannot be seen by a layman. Automobile safety must be very important to everybody.
Maybe this whole process seems to be very long, and many tend to lose enthusiasm, but it is your interest to buy only the car that is in the best condition.
Vehicle inspection in practice - Video
So what should I do?
To sum it up, let's see the most important things you have to do when you want to buy a used car:
- Look for advertisements that offer the car you possibly want to buy;
- Do not stick to the first ad you see, read many classifieds;
- Choose ads only with pictures;
- When you have chosen a car, call the seller;
- Ask multiple questions about the car;
- If the car still seems OK, then make a trip to see it with your own eyes;
- Inspect the car personally, and then take it to an independent professional to have the car checked;
- If everything is OK with the car, then make a deal and enjoy your new car! :)
What do you think?
Car dealers or private parties?
Share your ideas!
Please feel free to comment on this hub, your feedback is very much appreciated!
Or, if you feel that you can write fresh, new ideas about this or a similar topic, just join our community and start writing!
© Copyright 2012-2014, Zsofia Koszegi-Nagy (zsobig)
My latest works on HubPages:
- Top 10 countries on the world you should see in your lifetime
Have you ever thought about which country should you visit next? Here are some lovely tips for you about the best places and attractions of the world!
- The best gift ideas for women - a little pampering for the body
You can find here some very useful and interesting products that will be the perfect present(s) for women for all occassions. All of the products were tested by me during the years, so I can recommend all of them to you by heart. Give some pampering
- A solution on How to run non-Unicode games on your computer - using the AppLocale program
Have you ever tried installing and launching a Chinese or Japanese game/application on your English PC? If you did, I bet you encountered a few problems. Here's the solution on how to run these programs on your computer!
- The Complete Idiot's Guide for Dummies - which series is the better?
Have you ever heard of 'The Complete Isiot's Guides or the 'for Dummies' series? Of course you did. But have you ever thought about, which books are the better? Here are some ideas!
- 108 interesting facts, tips and statistics about online dating and relationships - Part I.
Everyone is familiar with the term 'Online dating' and everyone has at least one story to tell in this topic - no matter whether it had happened to them or their friends. Here you can find some interesting info about online dating - a list of 108 poi
© 2012 Sophie