What car do you drive? And why?
Right now i'm driving a Vauxhal Corsa, and the reason is because my car is having it's bumber changed (Nissan Micra), because some nutter reversed into me, then drove off. (He's paying for it now though!)
I drive a 2000 2 litre Peugeot 306 Pininfarina Cabriolet.
I have driven BMW 3 and 5 series, MX-5's (Miatas), a Ford Probe 2.5 and many others.
I bought the Peugeot because it was within my price range and is a soft top. Since I cannot afford to buy a bike and all the paraphernalia that goes with it at this time, I figured that a convertible would at least give me some of the fun factor back.
Not only that, my Probe needed an MOT and would not have passed since the speedo and odometer had broken. Ford no longer support the Probe and Mazda (The probe 2.5 24 valve V6 is basically an overweight MX-6) are not too enamoured of selling parts for it either. It would have cost more than the car was worth to repair, so it was time to move on.
I like my Peugeot
I drive a Prius Spirit. The reasons are:
1. I can get 55 mpg even on Welsh mountain roads, while my previous Kia Picanto only gave me 38 mpg with far less speed and power
2. The car tax is very low
3. If I was crazy enough to want to drive through London, I wouldn't have to pay the congestion charge
4. I like the idea I'm driving for free when the electric motor kicks in during town driving at 30 mph or slower
5. I enjoy having the petrol consumption display screen. It has taught me to drive far more economically.
6. I bought a 2005 model last February, and have calculated that with the savings on petrol and car tax, and the estimated trade-in price in four years time, the car will only have cost me fractionally more than the trade-in price I got for my old car.
by Roberta McIlroy5 years ago
My 12 year old recently went on a camping trip with some of his dads friends. While on this 'camping' trip the following happened. The old ladys grand-daughter was 'upset' so the woman gave her car keys to...
by Sarah3 years ago
Why do people drive very close to the car in front of them? DO you do that? why?It drives me mad when I have someone very close to me... I find it really dangerous, and normally I tend to break and start driving really...
by philip lee hewitson5 years ago
How much does it cost to paint a car?I've bought a second hand car this weekend and thought the paintwork would be easily restored with some T-cut but this is not the case. does anyone know how much it would cost to...
by Charles2 years ago
Why do people's personalities change when they're driving a car?Is it a power thing, being in control of a vehicle? Dissociation from the other person, being separated by glass and metal?Seems to me, that people behave...
by Person of Interest7 years ago
Picture 1 of 9 (8 pending).
by ACEJames6 years ago
It depends on what fits into my budget.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.