jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What car do you drive? And why?

1. G Miah profile image82
    G Miahposted 8 years ago

What car do you drive? And why?

Right now i'm driving a Vauxhal Corsa, and the reason is because my car is having it's bumber changed (Nissan Micra), because some nutter reversed into me, then drove off. (He's paying for it now though!)

2. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 8 years ago

I drive a 2000 2 litre Peugeot 306 Pininfarina Cabriolet.

I have driven BMW 3 and 5 series, MX-5's (Miatas), a Ford Probe 2.5 and many others.

I bought the Peugeot because it was within my price range and is a soft top. Since I cannot afford to buy a bike and all the paraphernalia that goes with it at this time, I figured that a convertible would at least give me some of the fun factor back.

Not only that, my Probe needed an MOT and would not have passed since the speedo and odometer had broken. Ford no longer support the Probe and Mazda (The probe 2.5 24 valve V6 is basically an overweight MX-6) are not too enamoured of selling parts for it either. It would have cost more than the car was worth to repair, so it was time to move on.

I like my Peugeot smile

3. G Miah profile image82
    G Miahposted 8 years ago

Very informative, thanks for your answer.

4. WriteAngled profile image83
    WriteAngledposted 8 years ago

I drive a Prius Spirit. The reasons are:
    1. I can get 55 mpg even on Welsh mountain roads, while my previous Kia Picanto only gave me 38 mpg with far less speed and power
    2. The car tax is very low
    3. If I was crazy enough to want to drive through London, I wouldn't have to pay the congestion charge
    4. I like the idea I'm driving for free when the electric motor kicks in during town driving at 30 mph or slower
    5. I enjoy having the petrol consumption display screen. It has taught me to drive far more economically.
    6. I bought a 2005 model last February, and have calculated that with the savings on petrol and car tax, and the estimated trade-in price in four years time, the car will only have cost me fractionally more than the trade-in price I got for my old car.

Closed to reply