I'm really concerned about the safety of having electric cars and others cars th

1. kawsar ahmad profile image60
    kawsar ahmadposted 7 years ago

I'm really concerned about the safety of having electric cars and others cars that are silent on...

the road. I'm wondering if its even been taken into consideration at all that part of the safety of traditional cars is the noise they make by default that make us aware of their presence? A few months ago i was out on my bike when suddenly a car came rushing out of nowhere and we both hit the brakes. He nearly killed me but what confused me after i let him pass is how come i didn't even hear him coming? I later read something about electric cars and cars being made more silent, its then i realized the dangers electric cars could pose. Isn't this something we should be concerned about especial

2. kawsar ahmad profile image60
    kawsar ahmadposted 7 years ago

Check out my full question in my hub i couldnt finish it all in the question box

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Your fears are unfounded, awareness is the key word, how many people hear you on your bike.  It is the responsibility of every road user to be aware of what is going on around them, that means stopping at junctions and looking, it means pedestrians stopping and looking, it means motorists being aware instead of wittering away on mobile phones, and it means parents taking control of their children, the relative silence of electric vehicles is irrelevant.

Closed to reply

working