What if any is the reason that you feel electric cars are impractical?

1. wjlambert profile image75
    wjlambertposted 4 years ago

What if any is the reason that you feel electric cars are impractical?

With the exception of the Tesla Model S, most electric cars have a very limited range.  They take longer to refuel (charge) and tend to be quite costly to purchase (compared to an equivalent-sized gas-powered car).

2. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 4 years ago

In addition to the items of concern that you have already listed I would add a couple. The fact that they are not even more expensive is, at least in part, doe to tax payer subsides. Free-markets, unassociated with the federal government and the use of confiscated funds, is the only way this new technology should more forward. If there is a market for this type of Vehicle, then the market will fuel the growth of the industry. Capitalism is the proper engine not corporatism.
    In addition to your comments about the cost of these vehicles and the need for recharging often, is the facts about the electric production. As many in Washington are doing all they can to bankrupt coal and we have not built new nuclear plants in years, it is going to put a strain on the electric grid.

3. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Some countries are giving tax incentives to buy electric cars.

As for the question, I'm not that educated in the subject, but I've always heard about the cost of the battery being too high.

working