jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Cannabis and driving? Is it safe?

1. kawsar ahmad profile image59
    kawsar ahmadposted 7 years ago

Cannabis and driving? Is it safe?

Nothing much seems to be said about it here in the uk but shouldnt we be worried? Is there anything like the breathalyzer for it?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

No, it is just as hazardous to drive under the influence of cannabis as it is to drive under the influence of alcohol.
    I don't know about not much being said about it over here, my time for that was in the 60s, I never rode my Norton after having a pint or a good joint, and I don't remember any of my mates endangering themselves or others in that way.

3. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Sorry Mick but that's just not the case. Studies have been done on the subject and the only problem with smoking ganja and driving is that too many folks do many other things in addition to the ganja.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Typically, Cannabis and driving ARE safe.  You'll most likely drive slower under the influence of marijuana.  It's definitely safer to smoke pot and drive than it is to be sober, talking or texting on a damned cell phone and driving.

Don't drink alcohol when using marijuana. . .and THEN drive-that's a negative there.

Look, everything you've ever heard in the mainstream media your entire life has been either an outright lie, or a half truth meant to manipulate you.  Remember that nugget, my friend, and live long-and prosper.

5. kawsar ahmad profile image59
    kawsar ahmadposted 7 years ago

Surely their not all safe then? Ectasy, speed,lsd etc?

Closed to reply

working