jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was the first car you owned, and what do you remember most about it?

1. Genna East profile image90
    Genna Eastposted 6 years ago

What was the first car you owned, and what do you remember most about it?

I thought about this today when I had to take my Honda into the shop to have electrical wiring problems fixed, yet again.  I had always thought Hondas were very reliable; this is the first Honda I have ever owned.  My first car was a Toyota Corolla and you could toss it off a cliff and it would run.  I do so miss that car; it was like a faithful, close friend and never let me down.

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

The smell...I bought it for 35 dollars...but it smelled bad. The former owner was a coon hunter. WB

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

A two-door 1977 Caprice Classic. The thing I remember most is that it didn't have air conditioning and the driver's side window didn't roll down, but it loved to run FAST. I bought it for $300 and it was really ugly, so all the guys around were willing to bet money that a girl in a POS couldn't beat them in a friendly race. Won about $700 back, no one thought to ask what was under the hood (hint, it starts with a 4). 'Twas the hardiest land yacht I've ever seen smile.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

1959 Studebaker--bought it in 1969.  Bought it for $75 and it burned oil like crazy.  I used to buy the really cheap oil by the case and keep it in my trunk. At one point, the tires on it were so thin that one in the back would not hold air anymore, it was worn through.  But it took me where I needed to go and gave that wonderful feeling of independence.

5. Neon_Letters profile image60
    Neon_Lettersposted 6 years ago

The thing i remember about my first car is that i had to work a LOT! for it and it got stolen...

6. RGAldriedge profile image61
    RGAldriedgeposted 6 years ago

1995 Mazda Protege.  It was free, I just had to drive it from Washington D.C. to California.  The drive is what I remember the most,  also picked up my Grandma in Arkansas and drove her out to visit the family.  It was a very reliable car, and what it lacked in horse power it made up in people power because i used it as a car pool vehicle.

7. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 6 years ago

A white Pinto..I thought I was rollin in style..until I burned up the engine..LOL
    Sunnie

working