jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever ridden in or piloted a helicopter?

1. BenWritings profile image78
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

Have you ever ridden in or piloted a helicopter?

did you enjoy it more than flying in a plane?

2. victor.hatley profile image60
    victor.hatleyposted 7 years ago

While in the U.S. Army, due to my job I had opportunity to ride in a helicopter (Huey) on several occasions. Once, the co-pilot didn't know he was on duty, but the situation demanded that I be transported, so I rode in the co-pilot seat, but never flew the machine. And yes...a helicopter is much more exciting to ride in, especially this way.

3. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

I have been in a helicopter twice. The first time was when I thought I was losing my baby & was flown to another hospital on my own ( baby now is 18) & the 2nd time was when my now 2nd husband had a massive heart attack & I was scared he would die ( 2 years ago ) so no as much as the view was awesome the 2nd time flying along the cliffs in Australia I couldn't enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed plane rides.
    However we hope to have a joy ride in a helecopter in the kimberleys in a few months !hopefully this ride will be awesome !

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Yes, I flew aboard a Vietnam era Huey slick.  I was in jungle survival school in the Philippines. They picked us up on top of a large karst formation out in the jungle. When we took off, the pilot dived the Huey down the side of the karst while we all clung to cargo loops attached to the floor.  I vowed never to ride in one of those SOB's again! LOL! WB

5. Prisana profile image81
    Prisanaposted 6 years ago

I flew in an ooooold Russian helicopter in Laos to the Plain of Jars. It was my first ever heli experience and quite a thrill! Flew twice in Denver. Once with the police and another time with Mike Silva, an Emmy award-winning news helicopter pilot.