jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do I love the smell of gas?

1. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

Why do I love the smell of gas?

The smell of gasoline that is haha. But seriously, gasoline has such a strong smell that I love. Even though how terrible it is to our lungs, I love it.

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

My only guess is that it has some type of pleasant association to a past event. I also love the smell of gasoline.  Perhaps it reminds you of being on vacation and making many stops at gas stations or something.  I also love the smell of asphalt and I believe it must be because it reminds me of amusement parks in the summer.  Weird, huh?

3. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

I am going to assume you mean gasoline and not the kind that is passed by people in the elevator! LOL!  It is probably because it vacates the air from your lungs a bit and totally dominates your being while you are smelling it allowing you to think of nothing else.  Some women love powerful things...for you that overpowering smell of gasoline may be attractive becasue it represents power in many ways in today's world. WB

4. eddiecarrara profile image95
    eddiecarraraposted 6 years ago

I think I would agree with Jeannieinabottle. Did anyone close to you work as a mechanic? My kids mom use to love the way I smelled at the end of the day, but it was because her dad was a mechanic and he had the same smell when he got home at night.... weird!  When I was a kid, I use to love the smell of exhaust from a city bus, and I still do. Lol

5. LeeLeePortCity profile image58
    LeeLeePortCityposted 6 years ago

I too enjoy the smell. I avoid it though because of health risks. I saw a tv showed on addictions and there was a lady addicted to sniffing gas. It was slowly destroying her body. I think weird smells appeal to certain people and that's normal but don't go to extreme or it could be deadly.