This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you get scratches out of car seat leather?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

How do you get scratches out of car seat leather?

On the side of my car passenger seat there are scratches or scuffs in the leather.  Is there a way to fix or clean up the blemish?

2. Norah Casey profile image68
    Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago

If the leather just has surface scratches, you can try olive oil or skin moisturizer. Hair conditioner may also work. You'll probably want to test those in an inconspicuous area first. If the leather has been exposed to the sun, it may restore color to that section of the leather. If that happens, you may have to do the entire seat to prevent the appearance of a random 'dark spot' on your chair.

3. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

maybe you could try some shoe polisher from the store I would try it in a hidden spot first.

rorshak sobchak

4. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

Why don't you go to a furniture store and grab a leather lounge suite maintenance kit? They all sell them, and then you're at least using a product specifically designed for leather 'buffing and polishing'. In my experience, most scuffs, even scratches effectively 'disappear' when the leather is 're-moisturised' - for want of a better word.

Or, check the yellow pages for a nearby manufacturer or furniture repairer, drop by in your car and ask them if they've got a small amount of something appropriate that you/they could just apply on the spot. (Sorry, unintentional pun... smile

working