jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How to make a street legal mini car?

1. mikielikie profile image67
    mikielikieposted 4 years ago

How to make a street legal mini car?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I would guess the best way to find out what all a mini car needs to be street legal is to go to your local Department of Motor Vehicles and ask them for the information. If they don't have it handy, they should be able to tell you where to get it.

mikielikieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the information!!

3. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

All vehicles have to conform to the basic DMV rules for your state.
    This will include lights etc at specific heights, windshield and safety glass, bumpers as well as performance requirements and licensing. Some of these may be waved for some cars in the "specialty" class.
    You should be able to get the specs for your state through your local DMV or from AAA if you are a member. They are most likely available on the DMV web  site.
    I'm not sure what you are calling a "mini car" but vehicles like those used in parades aren't fully street legal and can't be operated on public roads outside of special events.

mikielikieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info. I was looking more for plans or guides on how to build the body. What kind of material to use for the body. I am clueless. As for what kind of mini car... I saw an antique bumper car made into a street legal mini car.

working