How do I clean motorbike leathers after a fall?

1. L12A profile image60
    L12Aposted 4 years ago

How do I clean motorbike leathers after a fall?

I have so far tried, Vinegar, Vaseline, Vanish, Soap.  I got these suggestions from the net nothing works?

2. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

It may be too late for my suggestion if you have used those other substances...the best thing to clean leather is a product called 'saddle soap'...it works, but it does take a good bit of 'elbow grease' to use...if you do get it clean, the next step is to rub in a good coating of 'mink oil' over the entire surface...remember that leather is skin, and it needs the right kind of moisture (oils) or it gets cracked and flakes, just like your skin does...if you keep up with using saddle soap and mink oil them about 2-3 times a year, the dirt that they do get on them comes off easily, because it essentially is sitting on the surface coating and not getting into the pores of the leather...if you are talking about scuffs (abrasion to the leather) there is not much to do other than rub in a good matching color shoe polish to the area to lessen the contrast...wear your dirt and scuffs proudly, you earned them!

working