jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you get magic marker out of leather?

1. Motherbynature profile image76
    Motherbynatureposted 5 years ago

How do you get magic marker out of leather?

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If the magic market is permanent, chances are that you won't be able to get the stain off.  If the leather was protected with some sort of surface treatment to resist staining or a product meant to seal the surface, you may be able to use a leather cleaner on it and remove or reduce the stain.

You can also try taking it to a dry cleaners that specializes in handling leather, and see if they have any luck.

Motherbynatureposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. It's a sofa so the dry cleaners is not an option. I forgot about leather cleaner and think I may have some here for my coat.

3. backporchstories profile image79
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Another thing you may want to try is some clear, nonfrangrant hand sanitizer gel.  First, test a patch where it can't be seen. With a small damp cloth, dab small amount on stain and rub in circular motion.  The gel is the lube and the alcohol is the stain lifter.  Again, test a spot and wait a bit to make sure  gel leaves no marks.

Motherbynatureposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The hand sanitizer worked well with a q-tip.  It's not completely gone but it is way less noticeable.  I also went back over it with the leather cleaner just to help blend the area.  Thank you both, backporchstories and relache, for your help.

Closed to reply

working