jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are Hybrid engine cars popular with car enthusiasts?

1. Hezekiah profile image86
    Hezekiahposted 3 years ago

Are Hybrid engine cars popular with car enthusiasts?

A friend of mine who is a car enthusiast has zero interested in Hybrids. He things combining electrical and motors engines takes away the all the fun of a real engine.

2. askformore lm profile image70
    askformore lmposted 3 years ago

I believe that your friend acts like most car enthusiasts. Car lovers  prefer a "real engine", and not an electric bumper car.
    Hybrid engine cars will not be very popular before they are much cheaper, and/or that they have free parking in cities.
    I believe that until then, hybrid engine cars will only be popular among environmentalists.

1. carman58 profile image79
      carman58posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I sell Mitsubishi Cars and the Outlander PHEV Hybrid is great, performance and handling is really good as are equipment levels and since launch we can't get enough to fill demand, would think they would really appeal to US market smile

3. Sribharani profile image59
    Sribharaniposted 3 years ago

I agree that the real car enthusiasts like the real engines, but with changing times, the hybrid engines are being used to improve the power efficiency of the real cars.

4. profile image53
    Henry McDuffyposted 3 years ago

This question depends on the type of car enthusiast. I am a car enthusiast who is not interested in hybrids, but I do admire the advances in science and technology that these cars have. In other words I appreciate these cars. It is a fact that in the next fifty to one hundred years many cars will be dependent on the technologies of these hybrid models. I have to admit, there are not many engines that can replace the sound and popularity of the tradition American big block v8 engine. However, there are some electric/hybrid cars such as the ones produced by the Tesla Motor Company that have cars that compete in acceleration as traditional  luxury and sport cars such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.  Even in traditional American motor companies such as Ford, they are using turbochargers and other lighter but strong materials to produce the more power and efficiency with less engine and therefore less fuel consumption. (For an example, look into the new 2015 mustang. Ford offers the car with an Eco-boost Turbo charged I-4 engine, a traditional v-6, and a 5.0 liter v8.) *Note the similarity between the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder versions. The I-4 gets better fuel economy.

5. profile image55
    JamieWood12posted 2 years ago

Of course, hybrid engines are getting more popular amongst car enthusiast because of their extreme performance. Actually, hybrid engine comprises diesel motor and electric motor together that provide great fuel efficiency. However, hybrid engines are slight costlier rather than traditional diesel or petrol engine as you can see at http://buyusedengine.com/#tabs-1. But no doubt, Hybrid engine will conquest entire market soon.