jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is a good first motorcycle to buy?

1. Terrex profile image78
    Terrexposted 2 years ago

What is a good first motorcycle to buy?

I am in a new place and looking for something that will allow me to (very carefully) weave in and out of traffic. I have driven for many years but never ridden a motorbike.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12634022_f260.jpg

2. Moto Roads profile image77
    Moto Roadsposted 2 years ago

Hey Terrex, it really depends on what style of bike appeals to you, ie Cruiser, Dual Sport, Supermoto, Sportbike, Street Fighter / Naked, ADV, and dare i say Scooter...

If you are looking for a entry level, small cc bike you are in luck. In the last 5 years, the major players have all released affordable, small displacement, entry level bikes in the popular sport and naked categorizes. Both are great for weaving through heavy traffic. The Honda CBR 500 and KTM Duke 390 are prime examples of this. If you are looking at more of a dirtbike style, check out the Kawasaki KLX250S. I am not keen on cruisers in congested areas.

Without knowing what  type of bike you are after it would be hard to say for certain what is the right one, but if you want one model, i would say the KTM Duke 390 is the way to go.

You could also check out the Honda Grom if you have a sense of humor!

I just published a hub on buying new, check it out if you are thinking of going that route.

1. Terrex profile image78
      Terrexposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Ben, for the comprehensive answer.
      I think I am leaning towards the KTM.

Now, how do I go about learning to ride a bike...?

2. SofiaAZ profile image61
      SofiaAZposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Several helpful tips to get a good motorcycle insurance companies
      The first tip to get the best motorcycle insurance companies is by doing a comparison. A good thing won’t come if you just stay sit in one position. You have to find any insurance that

3. Moto Roads profile image77
      Moto Roadsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think that KTM is a great choice, you will have one of the coolest bikes on the block! I would highly suggest taking your local motorcycle safety course, especially if you don't have a dirtbike background.

working