jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How often do you purchase a new or used car?

1. lifelovemystery profile image93
    lifelovemysteryposted 12 months ago

How often do you purchase a new or used car?

2. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 12 months ago

Oh my can a person justify more than once in a decade. I figure more often than that that you are spitting at the earth and hating the environment.
    You can calculate out used to used to used.
    What a giant footprint to buy a new car that your do not keep for ten years.
    New car, frequenters make me sick.
    Why not just go out and kill a whale for fun.

lifelovemysteryposted 12 months agoin reply to this

That's a new analogy for me!
      Some people think that my 2000 Chevy Tahoe is more of a whale killer than a newer, more efficient vehicle.

I agree, and don't understand why a person would need a new car every few years.

Cheers!

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 12 months ago

My first car I had for a day. I bought it the summer after high school graduation. It was a '53 Ford Victoria. I bought it from a friend's dad. I bought thinking it would make a good hot rod. The hood flew open when driving and the brakes went out. It took it back and got my money. Not sure what lessons to learn from that.

I was hot rodder in my youth. So, I built a few cars keeping them a few years after rebuilding them. They were thumpers that would go like the wind. Always fun at the drag strip and long cruises to Northern California and Arizona from Southern California area. Loved cruising a starry night in the desert country.

My next car was my first new car. It was a '82 Chev S-10 Truck. I drove it until 2007. What a workhorse and pleasant vehicle to drive. Now I drive a '07 Honda Fit. I plan that on lasting twenty years too.

lifelovemysteryposted 12 months agoin reply to this

That '82 Chevy must have been a great truck. I have a 2000 Tahoe, and no car payments since 2004. I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off.

It sounds as though you would probably be a good mentor for someone that wants to build or race cars.

working