Are the bearings that come in my axle for a 91 Camry the same as the wheel beari

1. profile image60
    Freida Cookposted 8 months ago

Are the bearings that come in my axle for a 91 Camry the same as the wheel bearings?

I have a broken or breaking axle on my 91 Camry (clicking when I turn) also the drivers side front wheel is wobbling. One guy says the bearings are included I the axle and one says there are bearings with the axle but the wheel bearings are separate. He said if the wheel is wobbling that is the wheel bearings and just replacing the axles won't make it stop wobbling. My question is if I fix the axle am I still going to have a wobbly wheel . Will I need to repair the axles and also the wheel bearings or are the wheel bearings the same as the bearings in the axle assembly?

2. Eric Calderwood profile image82
    Eric Calderwoodposted 8 months ago

If the "guys" you are talking about are parts salesmen, you should probably take your car to a reliable mechanic and see what he or she thinks.

If it is mechanics that you are talking about, ask around to see if they are reliable or if you should go elsewhere. Once you find a reliable and honest mechanic, you will probably have to take their word for it to get your car fixed properly.

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 8 months ago

From what parts I've seen listed in catalogs, the wheel bearing does not come with the axle.  That is a separate part completely.

working